The objects of the NZSA confirm that Investor education is core business. NZSA is to “undertake Education activities, and work with other organisations in relation to investor education.” Regular branch meetings provide guest speakers who explain sharemarket investing, analyse past trends and advise investors on possible areas of interest for the future.
The Association has recently introduced a revised comprehensive introductory course “Investment Options and Starting in the Sharemarket,” which combines and expands on two earlier courses. The new course is designed to give you the tools to understand how to begin a long-term savings and investment scheme as a retail investor. This course is designed for face-to-face learning. The NZSA view is that the free flow of question and answer in a seminar situation is the best way to build a knowledge base in this field.
The Seminar Courses:
INVESTMENT OPTIONS AND STARTING IN THE SHAREMARKET
Starting to invest? Confused? Wanting better options?
- This course offers an overview of a range of options available to retail investors.
- The emphasis is on shares, bonds and managed funds, but also covers, property, commodities etc.
- This course will give you the basic tools and information required to get started. It includes simple strategies to build an investment portfolio including a range of common ratios used in assessing performance.
- It includes ways to assess and mitigate risk, asset allocation, typical fee structures, ways to track investments common scams and much, much more.
- The course assumes no prior investment knowledge, but is also suited for those wishing to broaden their knowledge of the available options or as a refresher.
- A comprehensive 70+ page workbook is supplied. Yours to keep.
- An independent educational and informational course presented by the NZ Shareholders Association. No sales pitches, just good advice.
For details about this course please contact either your local branch OR email@example.com
For the latest information on seminar courses in your area contact:
|Bay of Plenty||Jane Lyndonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|South Island||Robin Harrisonemail@example.com|
|Taranaki||Peter and Joan Colesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Introductory Investment Videos
These are introductory videos, publicly available on the websites of NZX, and The Commission for Financial Capability – Sorted. Along with the website for the Financial Markets Authority, these sources provide independent tools and advice for the investor.
For more in-depth education videos be a member of NZSA and use your members’ pages.
Membership of NZSA gives you access to the Member’s site which contains a selection of more advanced educational videos together with some questions by which you can test yourself on the main lessons to be learned from each.
Investors dictionary: The most comprehensive glossary of financial and sharemarket terms is Investopedia. Wikipedia is also useful because it includes examples with many of its definitions. To get to Investopedia click on the link below and then enter the term you want defined into the search engine.